Sunday, January 22, 2012

A full week

It has been a full week since I have ran or had any real strenuous exercise. It has been a 2 weeks full of knee pain, battling the sickies, and rounded off with a wisdom tooth. I woke up this morning feeling amazing which means I'M GOING RUNNING <3 


I woke up to some yummy Tazo Awake & almond milk tea. Then had some Kashi
GOLEAN Crisp! Toasted Berry Crumbles with almond milk. It is the first time trying this Kashi cereal and I have to say I really like it!!! It tasted really good and was really filling. I am really bad at skipping breakfast....well I am really bad at forgetting to completely eat till 5-7PM. I am trying to get better at that and when I do eat breakfast I like to eat fresh fruits or oatmeal. That usually fills me up but leaves me feeling *light*. I probably had 1-1 1/2 cups of the Kashi and I was stuffed! I will eat it again but not as much and probably not in the morning. I could see myself eating it as a lunch.

Oh and before I forget did I tell you I am in love?
I love jalapeno chips. Like I really really love them!! I can remember the first time I had Tim's Cascade Jalapeno Chips  when I was younger and it was pure love. There is nothing that compares to Tim's they have a great taste, are hot, & are made in good ol' Washington state in Vancouver. I honestly have memories of these chips and attempting to eat them. Since moving to Colorado 8 yrs ago I have searched high and low for them with no luck. When I went vegan I was looking on on a list of vegan friendly foods and staring right at me was Tim's Cascade and I was heart broken. I considered having family or friends mail me a case from Washington or Oregon but quickly realized that I would sound insane. I have tried many different brands since moving to Colorado but most of them were cheese jalapeno and nastiness. Then yesterday Chad came home with a surprise for me Kettle Jalapeno Chips they are vegan, made in Salem Oregon I <3 to buy products from the Pacific Northwest, and taste great! They are no Tim's but pretty good :) When it comes to jalapeno chips I try to not buy them too often because I could easily eat a whole bag. They are also not the healthiest no matter how you slice and dice it. They are kind of like the rolled jalapeno potato tacos I make that I have also veganized. They are a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment