Monday, February 20, 2012

Crazy Sexy Diet Adventure Cleanse~Day 1

DAY 1 
I am capable, confident, intelligent, resilient and in charge. Heath and happiness are my birthrights and I accept with gratitude. 

Day one 1 went well with a few but expected bumps in the road. I started the day out really well and experimented with Kris's "Make juice not war" green juice. It was good but not my favorite. It wasn't hard to drink by far and I don't even want to say it was bad. It just needs to be tweaked a bit to make it a perfect blend for me. I am also going to get a fancy big wine glass to drink it out of. I think a pretty glass is what I need to drink my Princess Juice out of. Yeah I renamed it Princess Juice <3 My biggest issue which has nothing to do with the cleanse is that I just don't eat enough. I tend to not eat during the day and then eat my only meal in the evening. It isn't on purpose I just honestly forget or even worse fill up on fluids. I love to sit and drink ice cold water and hot tea all day. Maybe snacking on raw almonds off and on. The messed up thing is it doesn't happen because I am running around. Most of the times it happens when I just sitting at home. I am have to get better at this and I am hoping that if anything this cleanse will help change this! I have decided that if it means setting a alarm on my phone or even carrying a bento box with me I will do it. 

20 questions for 21 days
  1. Did you abstain from coffee? Yes, I cut most of that out when going vegan in November :)
  2. Did you abstain from alcohol? Yes, this isn't a big deal for me.
  3. Did you abstain from gluten? Yes, I am really excited about this!
  4. Did you abstain from animal products? Oh course! 
  5. Did you abstain from crack(aka sugar) and choose low-glycemic fruits and better alternatives such as stevia or agave? Yes
  6. Did you dry brush today? A big YES and I LOVED it!
  7. Did you clean your sinuses with the good ol' neti pot? No, but I am planning on going to the store and getting one ASAP I never thought I would say that!
  8. Did you move your body for at least 35 minutes? It was my *rest* day but I did get in a pretty good work out.
  9. Did you meditate for at least 15-20 minutes? I only made it 8-9 minutes, but it felt great. I AM going to get to 20 minutes. 
  10. Did you chew your meals throughly and mindfully? Yes 
  11. Did you laugh out load and tell someone you loved him or her today? I was very filled with love and let everyone around me know that <3 
  12. Did you spend time in nature? Even 5 minutes is better than nothing. No...I won't even stretch the truth and lie. 
  13. Did you get 8 hrs of uninterrupted sleep? Big ol' fail on this one :(
  14. Did you eat today and juice? Yes, but I need to get better. I talked about the juice issue. My biggest issue is that I just do not eat enough. I tend to forget to eat till the end of the day. I am determined to get better at this. Even if it means setting a alarm on my phone!
  15. How much purified water did you consume? No, I need to either buy or get a filter. 
  16. What supplements did you take? I get B-12 shots(changing to sub-lingual once I use up the last 8 I already paid for. I don't want the aluminum in my body!) I need to pick up some Vitamin D. 
  17. How was your elimination? It is not where it should be still. It was great right after going vegan(1st time in my life!). The 1st month I went to a pretty much raw vegan. When I added back in grains etc. it was very apparent my gluten intolerance. 
  18. What time did you stop eating? There hours before bed is optimum? Yes
  19. How did you feel physically? I was tried near the end of the day but that had to do more with being tired. Overall I felt great.
  20. How do you feel emotionally? It was a good day. I was emotional but in a good way. 


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the neti pot! I hate it. I finally sent it off to goodwill. lol Keep us posted on how it goes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather <3 I have debated getting on for a few years but always back out. I went to get one the other day and stopped myself again. I have heard people talk about how amazing it feels. I just don't know if it is something I really would be into LOL

      Delete